Eating Across Vienna: Nominate Dish Of The Week
Readers submit picks for next best dish of the week
It's no secret Vienna is home to some of the best food in the Washington, D.C. area.
We're out to find out where (and what exactly) it is. And we're turning to readers for help.
Here's how it will work:
- Each Monday we'll ask Vienna Patch readers to nominate their favorite dishes in Vienna.
- Each Wednesday, we'll open those nominations for voting.
- By Friday, the winning dish will be announced.
- Tune in the following Monday to read our review of the dish, and, nominate another.
We have just a few rules:
- The dish must be from a local restaurant (No chains).
- The dish must be under $20.
- You must name a specific dish, not just the name of a restaurant.
- A dish cannot "win" more than once.
- Don't worry: if your dish was selected one week but didn't win, you can nominate it again.
Nominate your favorite dish in the comments below.
- Week of Jan.9: Cottage Pies, Pure Pasty Review Coming
- Week of Jan. 16: Pan Seared Trout, Wolftrap Cafe (Review here)
- Week of Jan. 23: Shrimp and Crab Poppers, Maplewood Grill (Review Here)
- Week of Jan. 30: New York Style Pizza, Church Street Pizza (Review Here)
- Week of Feb. 6: Chicken and Waffles, Maple Ave Restaurant.(Review Here)
- Week of Feb. 13: Plaka Gyro, Plaka Grill (Review coming)
While we discourage manipulating a vote, our current voting system can't prevent the practice. So, until our engineers make tweaks, strategize as you see fit. Patch's "Restaurant Commissioner" holds the right to make changes and decisions as necessary.