Scoreboard: Warhawks Snap Losing Streak
A roundup of local high school scores
The Madison High School softball team snapped a three-game losing streak with an 8-3 victory over the visiting South Lakes Seahawks on Thursday night.
Tori Lipnicky went 2 for 3 with an RBI and was HBP to lead the offense. Ally Grasso tripled and and drove in a run, and Kristyn Buscemi went 1 for 4 with an RBI. Mary Bolinger (1 for 2, BB) and Jackie Yahner (1 for 3) contributed Madison's other hits on the night. On the bases, Yahner stole 2 bases and Lipnicky and Hallie Goldsmith each added a stolen base.
Elizabeth Fallas pitched a complete game for the victory, giving up 8 hits and only one earned run. She had 9 strikeouts and didn't issue any walks.
The Warhawks will play another double-header this Saturday at home in their Spring Break Tournament.
- Madison High School JV Softball lost 15-6 Thursday against South Lakes High
- Madison High School Girls Varsity Lacrosse won 14-10 Thursday over Marshall High
- Madison High School Boys Varsity Baseball won 9-1 Thursday over Marshall High
- Marshall High School Boys Varsity Soccer won 3-1 Wednesday against Hayfield Secondary
- Marshall High School Boys Varsity Lacrosse lost 17-6 Wednesday against Madison High
- Marshall High School Varsity Softball lost 13-3 Tuesday against McLean High
- Marshall High School Varsity Baseball lost 6-4 Tuesday against McLean High
- Madison High School Girls Varsity Soccer won 8-0 Tuesday over Hayfield Secondary
- Madison High School Boys Varsity Baseball lost 2-0 Tuesday to Stone Bridge High
Robyn Buscemi contributed reporting to this story