Weekend Metro Work: Daylight Savings Time Adds Hour To Service, Orange Line Single Tracking
A look at Orange Line and other service impacts on WMATA Nov. 4 to 6
Metro plans to operate on a normal weekend schedule until 3 a.m. Sunday, giving Metro riders an extra hour of service when Daylight savings time turns the clock back at 2 a.m.
Metro is still asking customers riding trains or buses on Saturday night to check the "last train" schedules online or at stations to plan their trip accordingly.
Customers should take note of the following service impacts, according to a Metro release:
Orange and Blue Line – 10 p.m. Friday through closing on Sunday
- Orange and Blue Line trains will share one track between McPherson Square and Foggy Bottom stations as personnel conduct rail renewal work.
- Throughout the weekend, Orange and Blue Line trains will depart endpoint terminals every 15 minutes.
- Customers should allow about 20 minutes of additional travel time.
Red Line – 10 p.m. Friday through closing on Sunday
- Buses will replace Red Line trains between Glenmont and Fort Totten stations.
- Takoma, Silver Spring, Forest Glen, Wheaton and Glenmont stations will be closed.
- Free shuttle buses will operate between Glenmont, Wheaton, Forest Glen, Silver Spring, Takoma and Fort Totten.
- Red Line service will operate normally between Fort Totten and Shady Grove.
- The last Shady Grove-bound train will depart Fort Totten at 2:51 a.m. on Friday and Saturday and at 11:51 p.m. on Sunday.
- Customers using shuttle buses should allow about 30 minutes of additional travel time.