What's Open, Closed in Vienna for Presidents' Day
Town offices closed, but Vienna Community Center open for federal holiday; trash collected as scheduled.
Presidents' Day is Monday and many government offices and services will be closed.
There will be no mail delivery from the U.S. Postal Service on Monday, according to its Web site, and most banks will be closed too. According to the Wells Fargo site, the bank will be open. Additionally, TD Bank will be open normal hours on Monday.
The following is a rundown of some of the closings for the federal holiday.
Town of Vienna
Town offices will be closed Monday, but refuse will be collected as normal, according to the town.
The Vienna Community Center will be open between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. — but not classes or drop-ins will be held.
In observance of the day most federal and government offices and schools are closed.
- Fairfax County Public Schools and School Offices
- Fairfax County Government
- Fairfax County Libraries
- Fairfax County Courts
- All Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) programs and offices including Fastran, community, teen and senior centers
- The trash and recycling administrative office
RECenters across the county will open for regular hours.
- Fairfax County Park Authority Nature Centers and Parks: All parks and nature centers are closed; Frying Pan Farm Park will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the visitor center open 10 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Transit services such as the metrorail and the metrobus will run on a holiday schedule:
- For the metro, planned track work will continue to affect certain routes on the Red line, Blue line, and Orange lines.
- The Fairfax Connector is running a holiday weekday schedule with the exception of routes335, 394, 395, 585, 595, and 597, which will not be in service.
Trash and Recycling Collection
Monday will be a regular solid waste collection day for Fairfax County customers who receive trash and recycling collection service on Mondays. Trash must be at the curb by 6 a.m. for pickup.
The Recycling and Disposal Centers at the I-66 Transfer Station (4618 West Ox Road) and the I-95 Landfill Complex (9850 Furnace Road) will be open and operate on a regular schedule.