Vienna has its fair share of the region's best food; so much, it can be daunting to try to taste it all.
But on Saturday, residents will come close to accomplishing that feat at the first ever Taste of Vienna, an all-day festival that will feature 30 local restaurants and their best or most-loved dishes. It will also feature beer and wine, music and entertainment.
We've compiled a guide to getting around and enjoying the day.
When and Where to Go:
Festival hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot next to the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department, 400 Center Street S. Beer and wine will be sold until 7:30 p.m.
How Much Does It Cost?
It's free to enter the festival, but food is purchased directly from restaurant booths. Most items are priced around $5.
Who Will Be there?
ADITI INDIAN DINING
BAZIN'S ON CHURCH
CHEF GEOFF'S TYSONS CORNER
CHURCH STREET PIZZA
CREPE AMOUR (opening soon)
CULINARIA COOKING SCHOOL
FAMOUS DAVE'S BBQ
MAPLE AVE RESTAURANT
|NOODLES & COMPANY
PEKING EXPRESS OF VIENNA
PURE PASTY CO.
PURPLE ONION CATERING CO.
SWEET CITY DESSERTS
TEQUILA GRANDE MEXICAN CAFE
WHOLE FOODS MARKET
YIRASAI SUSHI & GRILL (Japanese & Korean Cuisine)
For a map, see the PDF attached to the article.
Music: There's also a full lineup of live entertainment.
Other Entertainment: There will be a moon bounce and face painting for kids.
Prizes: Festival sponsors will offer some free giveaways. The VVFD will also host a raffle. Tickets are $1 each, or six for $5 at the welcome booth. Winner could win up to $6,000.
Pets: Not allowed.
How Do I Get There?
If you live within a mile or two, walk! You won't sit in traffic or take time trying to find parking. Biking is an option, too.
Cherry Street will be closed to traffic one way between Center and Mill Streets SE.
If you're driving, park at :
- Vienna Elementary School, 128 Center Street SE
- Vienna Town Hall, 127 Center St. SE: Open to the public after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and anytime on weekends.
- Caboose Parking Lot, 132 Church St. NE
- Town Green/W&OD Trail Parking, Between Church St. NE and Maple Ave. E: Open to the public anytime. Parking accessible from one-way entrance on Maple Avenue East; public parking spaces face the W&OD Trail.
- Vienna Shopping Center/Next to 116 Maple Ave. W: Public parking spaces are available on far eastern corner of the parking lot next to the Sunoco Station at 102 Maple Avenue West
- Wesley United Methodist Church
Parking information taken from Taste of Vienna and Town of Vienna parking map
What if it rains?
Bring your umbrella. The festival is rain or shine. Weather predictions show sun until about 3 p.m. with rain and clouds moving in around 4 p.m.
How Will I Keep Up-To-Date On Festival Happenings?