Invite a friend
Ellis Paul + Peyton Tochterman
Ellis Paul is one of the leading voices in American songwriting. He was a principle leader in the wave of singer/songwriters that emerged from the Boston folk scene, creating a movement that revitalized the national acoustic circuit with an urban, literate, folk pop style that helped renew interest in the genre in the 1990's. His charismatic, personally authentic performance style has influenced a generation of artists away from the artifice of pop, and closer towards the realness of folk. Though he remains among the most pop-friendly of today's singer-songwriters - his songs regularly appear in hit movie and TV soundtracks - he has bridged the gulf between the modern folk sound and the populist traditions of Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger more successfully than perhaps any of his songwriting peers.
He is a critically-acclaimed singer, songwriter, poet, and troubadour originally hailing from a potato farming family in northern Maine. He is the recipient of thirteen Boston Music Awards, second only to multi-platinum act, Aerosmith. Over the course of fifteen years, Ellis Paul has built a vast catalog of music which weds striking poetic imagery and philosophical introspection with hook-laden melodies.
More About Jammin' Java
A very happening place, Jammin' Java has been part of Vienna for the past ten years at it's present location. Aside from great coffee, Jammin' Java offers a multitude of activities for all ages. For parents there is a special happy hour that boasts a free juice box with the purchase of beer. They also have kid friendly musical performances. The venu itself is intimate and regularly hosts well known bands of all genres. The tickets go quickly and can be purchased in the shop or from their website. Jammin' Java also offers music lessons on several instruments from the owner Luke Brindley and some well known musicians.
Other events here
- Scott Tournet and Ver La Luz + Rayland Baxter Today, May 20, 7:00 pm
- Thursday Mornings with The Great Zucchini Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Thursday Lunch Hour with Oh Susannah! Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Marie Miller + Kenny Kohlhaas Thu, May 23, 8:00 pm
- Friday Mornings with Rocknoceros Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Friday Lunch Hour with the grandsons, jr. Weekly on Fridays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Risa Binder Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Moogatu + WoodWork + Threesound Fri, May 24, 10:00 pm
- James McCartney + Justin Trawick Sat, May 25, 7:30 pm
- "Main Stage" Comedy Showcase Tue, May 28, 9:00 pm