Invite a friend
Friday Mornings with Rocknoceros
As every family with youngsters in the DC area already knows, Rocknoceros (pronounced like rhinoceros) is three guys: Coach Cotton, Williebob, and Boogie Woogie Bennie, who make wildly popular, award-winning music for the whole family.
The three Rocknoceros bandmates "grew up" (if they ever did) in Northern Virginia. Boggie and Coach, best friends since they were four years old, remember endlessly spinning Beatles records in Boogie's suburban bedroom while "waiting for Williebob" who appeared on the scene in high school. The three have been making music ever since, although it wasn't until 20 years later in 2005, when Coach Cotton was raising young'uns of his own, that the inspiration for Rocknoceros finally crystallized.
Rocknoceros has since dominated the Washington, DC children's music scene and gained significant national recognition as well...
"An outstanding mix of folk and rock..literate songs.. poppy approach.. multi-generational appeal." Best Music for Kids and Families - npr
"Rocknoceros' blend of infectious and catchy educational tunes were perfect for the Smithsonian's younger fans. It's rare to find a group of talented, professional musicians who can turn learning into such a fun, toe-tapping experience. We can't wait to have them back!" - Smithsonian
|Where||Jammin' Java 227 Maple Ave E, Vienna, VA 22180|
|Time||10:30 am–11:30 am|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Families, Seniors|
More About Jammin' Java
A very happening place, Jammin' Java has been part of Vienna for the past ten years at it's present location. Aside from great coffee, Jammin' Java offers a multitude of activities for all ages. For parents there is a special happy hour that boasts a free juice box with the purchase of beer. They also have kid friendly musical performances. The venu itself is intimate and regularly hosts well known bands of all genres. The tickets go quickly and can be purchased in the shop or from their website. Jammin' Java also offers music lessons on several instruments from the owner Luke Brindley and some well known musicians.
Other events here
- Marie Miller + Kenny Kohlhaas Today, May 23, 8:00 pm
- Jammin Java’s Mid-Atlantic Band Battle 9 - Accepting Applications Daily, 8:00 am
- Friday Lunch Hour with the grandsons, jr. Weekly on Fridays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Risa Binder Tomorrow, May 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Moogatu + WoodWork + Threesound Tomorrow, May 24, 10:00 pm
- James McCartney + Justin Trawick Sat, May 25, 7:30 pm
- "Main Stage" Comedy Showcase Tue, May 28, 9:00 pm
- @JamnJavadoorGal's LOCAL SCENE Grand Revival + Sub-Radio Standard + Good Gravity + Sudden Impact Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- Thursday Mornings with The Great Zucchini Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am