Invite a friend
@JamnJavaDoorGal's LOCAL SCENE Black Dog Prowl + The Rememberables + Red on Red + South Rail + Two Alpacas
Black Dog Prowl is screaming guitars, door-busting drums, driving bass and powerful vocals. Think of the musical lovechild of Led Zeppelin and Soundgarden combined with the vocal styling of Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison.
Gritty vocalist and guitarist Josh Finver fronts this Washington, D.C., based four-piece that features Robert Peters on lead guitar and an explosive rhythm section made up of bassist Schuyler Allen and drummer Enzo Ferroggiaro. Though the band takes inspiration from rock pioneers that have come before, Black Dog Prowl has a sound that is very much its own and a high-energy live show that is among the best the nation’s capital has to offer.
After the release of Half Truths & Lies in 2010, which OnTap Magazine calls “a spectacular debut,” the band’s underground following in D.C. began to bubble to the surface. Packed venues across the District and a devoted, ever-expanding fanbase were not far behind. BDP’s reputation began to spread to surrounding areas and the band started traveling north to Baltimore and New York City. This band of brothers has found itself sharing bills with such national acts as Truth & Salvage Co., A Thousand Horses and The Parlor Mob (2011 iTunes Rock Album of the Year recipients).
In 2011, with the addition of Peters and departure of founding member Micah McCutchan, the band has taken a grungier turn. BDP has spent the better part of the year working with Scott Robinson in Sonic Sweets Studios on the follow up to Half Truths. Ahead of the January 2012 release of the Vapor EP, the explosive title track has received airplay on Baltimore’s 98 Rock, along with various internet and college radio stations. The music video for ‘Vapor,’ directed by Alex Wohleber, has fans buzzing with anticipation of what the future holds.
|Where||Jammin' Java 227 Maple Ave E, Vienna, VA 22180|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Price||$10 advance/$13 day of|
More About Jammin' Java
A very happening place, Jammin' Java has been part of Vienna for the past ten years at it's present location. Aside from great coffee, Jammin' Java offers a multitude of activities for all ages. For parents there is a special happy hour that boasts a free juice box with the purchase of beer. They also have kid friendly musical performances. The venu itself is intimate and regularly hosts well known bands of all genres. The tickets go quickly and can be purchased in the shop or from their website. Jammin' Java also offers music lessons on several instruments from the owner Luke Brindley and some well known musicians.
Other events here
- Risa Binder Today, May 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Moogatu + WoodWork + Threesound Today, May 24, 10:00 pm
- Jammin Java’s Mid-Atlantic Band Battle 9 - Accepting Applications Daily, 8:00 am
- James McCartney + Justin Trawick Tomorrow, May 25, 7:30 pm
- "Main Stage" Comedy Showcase Tue, May 28, 9:00 pm
- @JamnJavadoorGal's LOCAL SCENE Grand Revival + Sub-Radio Standard + Good Gravity + Sudden Impact Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- Thursday Mornings with The Great Zucchini Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Thursday Lunch Hour with Oh Susannah! Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- The Kin + Taylor Carson (full band!) + Sam Pinkerton Thu, May 30, 8:00 pm
- Friday Mornings with Rocknoceros Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 am–11:30 am