Invite a friend
@JamnJavaDoorGal’s LOCAL SCENE: Twenty12 Tribe + Shokkher + Castle of Genre + The Walk-Ins
Contrary to today's music charts, Rock music is not dead! In fact it's alive and well and can be heard loud and clear on the upcoming Twenty12 Tribe album. In a time where people have no faith in their government, their society, and are looking for something to believe in, Twenty12 Tribe brings a message of hope in their lyrical content. Twenty12 Tribe based out of Coltons Point, Maryland are
a five-piece with members spread-out through Northern Virginia and Sounthern Maryland. The band formed in the summer of 2011 when guitarists/song writers and married duo David Phelps and Debbie Barlow-Phelps left their former band SickCircle and got serious about taking their time in the song writing process. They wanted to put forth an effort to write a collection of great songs with a positive message. Twenty12 Tribe is Erik Odell - Vocals, Dave Phelps - Guitars/Vocals, Debbie Barlow-Phelps - Guitars, Henry (H) Lopez - Bass and Shawn Wathen - Drums.
CASTLE OF GENRE
Castle of Genre is an indie rock band based out of northern Virginia, consisting of 5 members. Despite their relatively young age, they bring a mature, well-crafted sound to the table that harkens back to a late 90's underground emo sound with walls of glistening tones, uninhibited by the usual overdriven tendencies of rock music. They may be young, but there's a spark of brilliance in their work that makes these kids worth paying close attention to.
More About Jammin' Java
A very happening place, Jammin' Java has been part of Vienna for the past ten years at it's present location. Aside from great coffee, Jammin' Java offers a multitude of activities for all ages. For parents there is a special happy hour that boasts a free juice box with the purchase of beer. They also have kid friendly musical performances. The venu itself is intimate and regularly hosts well known bands of all genres. The tickets go quickly and can be purchased in the shop or from their website. Jammin' Java also offers music lessons on several instruments from the owner Luke Brindley and some well known musicians.
Other events here
- Scott Tournet and Ver La Luz + Rayland Baxter Tomorrow, May 20, 7:00 pm
- Thursday Mornings with The Great Zucchini Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Thursday Lunch Hour with Oh Susannah! Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Marie Miller + Kenny Kohlhaas Thu, May 23, 8:00 pm
- Friday Mornings with Rocknoceros Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Friday Lunch Hour with the grandsons, jr. Weekly on Fridays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Risa Binder Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Moogatu + WoodWork + Threesound Fri, May 24, 10:00 pm
- James McCartney + Justin Trawick Sat, May 25, 7:30 pm
- "Main Stage" Comedy Showcase Tue, May 28, 9:00 pm