Invite a friend
definition: lilt noun \ˈlilt\ 1: a spirited and usually cheerful song or tune 2: a rhythmical swing, flow, or cadence 3: a springy buoyant movement...
“Lilt” -- a duo consisting of Tina Eck on flute and tinwhistle and Keith Carr on bouzouki and banjo -- are trying to impersonate all of the aforementioned definitions of their name with their music. They met in the Washington DC session scene some years back and found that “flute and zouk” were a good instrumental match for what they love to play: traditional dance music from Ireland. Jigs and reels, polkas and hornpipes, the occasional slow air or song. Lilt loves and tries to capture the essentials of Irish traditional music: boundless energy, wildness and melancholy. They perform regularly across the Mid-Atlantic region, with frequent appearances at concerts and festivals. Their second CD, "Onward", has been highly praised in the Irish music press and is receiving radio airplay on traditional music programs in the US, Ireland, and Europe.
More About Jammin' Java
A very happening place, Jammin' Java has been part of Vienna for the past ten years at it's present location. Aside from great coffee, Jammin' Java offers a multitude of activities for all ages. For parents there is a special happy hour that boasts a free juice box with the purchase of beer. They also have kid friendly musical performances. The venu itself is intimate and regularly hosts well known bands of all genres. The tickets go quickly and can be purchased in the shop or from their website. Jammin' Java also offers music lessons on several instruments from the owner Luke Brindley and some well known musicians.
Other events here
- Jammin Java’s Mid-Atlantic Band Battle 9 - Accepting Applications Daily, 8:00 am
- James McCartney + Justin Trawick Today, May 25, 7:30 pm
- "Main Stage" Comedy Showcase Tue, May 28, 9:00 pm
- @JamnJavadoorGal's LOCAL SCENE Grand Revival + Sub-Radio Standard + Good Gravity + Sudden Impact Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- Thursday Mornings with The Great Zucchini Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Thursday Lunch Hour with Oh Susannah! Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- The Kin + Taylor Carson (full band!) + Sam Pinkerton Thu, May 30, 8:00 pm
- Friday Mornings with Rocknoceros Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Friday Lunch Hour with the grandsons, jr. Weekly on Fridays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- An Evening with Iris Dement Fri, May 31, 8:00 pm