Invite a friend
Pierce Pettis + Grace Pettis
Pierce Pettis, adored by both critics and public alike, is one of this generation's most masterful songwriters. His music is distinguished by his uncanny ability to capture universals in human experience by drawing on the humor and trials in daily life. Pettis' music can simultaneously pull on our hearts and keep us laughing. The beautiful harmonies, inventive yet subtle percussion, strong guitar, and Pierce's rich vocals are a constant throughout his body of work. Pettis has performed in all 48 continental states as well as in Canada and Europe, appeared nine times on American Public Radio's Mountain Stage, been featured on National Public Radio's E-town, Morning Edition and World Cafe ... appeared on VH-1, CBS News, and the Nashville Network. During his long career Pierce Pettis has been a writer at Muscle Shoals Sound Studios in Alabama, recorded for Fast Folk Musical Magazine in New York, won the prestigious New Folk songwriting competition at the Kerrville Folk Festival in Texas, and was a staff songwriter at Polygram/Universal Music Publishing in Nashville. He has received numerous songwriting awards including a 1999 ASCAP Country Music Award for "You Move Me" --recorded by Garth Brooks. After three critically acclaimed albums on the Windham Hill/ High Street label, Pettis joined Compass Records in Nashville, releasing five albums. The lastest, "That Kind of Love", (2009) received raves from XM/Sirius Satellite Radio, Paste Magazine, Performing Songwriter, American Songwriter, The (London, UK) Sunday Express, Image Quarterly . . . to name a few. The album was ranked at #2 nationally, in February of 2009 in the Roots Music Report for acoustic/folk releases.
More About Jammin' Java
A very happening place, Jammin' Java has been part of Vienna for the past ten years at it's present location. Aside from great coffee, Jammin' Java offers a multitude of activities for all ages. For parents there is a special happy hour that boasts a free juice box with the purchase of beer. They also have kid friendly musical performances. The venu itself is intimate and regularly hosts well known bands of all genres. The tickets go quickly and can be purchased in the shop or from their website. Jammin' Java also offers music lessons on several instruments from the owner Luke Brindley and some well known musicians.
Other events here
- Jammin Java’s Mid-Atlantic Band Battle 9 - Accepting Applications Daily, 8:00 am
- Thursday Mornings with The Great Zucchini Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Thursday Lunch Hour with Oh Susannah! Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Marie Miller + Kenny Kohlhaas Thu, May 23, 8:00 pm
- Friday Mornings with Rocknoceros Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Friday Lunch Hour with the grandsons, jr. Weekly on Fridays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Risa Binder Fri, May 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Moogatu + WoodWork + Threesound Fri, May 24, 10:00 pm
- James McCartney + Justin Trawick Sat, May 25, 7:30 pm
- "Main Stage" Comedy Showcase Tue, May 28, 9:00 pm