Invite a friend
(Tot Rock) Recess Monkey
Zooglobble Recommended!: "Fun times three. This Seattle trio continues to write great songs and has a fun, energetic stage show to match. Think of them as the west coast Rocknoceros."
"2009 in Review: These kids' songs are... awesome!... There are bands you can't go wrong with, and this is one of them." -USA Today
"RECESS MONKEY: If Seattle is the new bastion of kindie rockers, then the trio of elementary school teachers - Jack Forman, Daron Henry and Drew Holloway - are the city's breakout stars." -Time Magazine
"Dan Zanes may be the godfather; They Might Be Giants, the legitimizer; and Laurie Berkner, Ralph Covert, and Justin Roberts the genre's superstars. But Recess Monkey is the heart of kids' music today." -Stefan Shepherd, Zooglobble
Recess Monkey's live shows are Beatles-influenced sing-alongs about friends, animals and SL-DOUBLE-E-P-OVERS. The Jammin Java performance will feature foot-stomping, hand-clapping, chicken-dancing romps through old favorites along with high-energy funk and new wave grooves from the brand-new The Final Funktier, including "Booster Seat," which compares a booster seat to a booster rocket and a low-gravity, high-bounce dance song called "Moon Boots." Kids and their parental units will zoom around the room with the high-energy "Jet Pack," join the Monkey Bar conga line (located everywhere), take a soapy ride at the Bubble Factory, and give that loose tooth an extra jiggle with Dr. Wiggle.
More About Jammin' Java
A very happening place, Jammin' Java has been part of Vienna for the past ten years at it's present location. Aside from great coffee, Jammin' Java offers a multitude of activities for all ages. For parents there is a special happy hour that boasts a free juice box with the purchase of beer. They also have kid friendly musical performances. The venu itself is intimate and regularly hosts well known bands of all genres. The tickets go quickly and can be purchased in the shop or from their website. Jammin' Java also offers music lessons on several instruments from the owner Luke Brindley and some well known musicians.
Other events here
- Jammin Java’s Mid-Atlantic Band Battle 9 - Accepting Applications Daily, 8:00 am
- Friday Mornings with Rocknoceros Weekly on Fridays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Friday Lunch Hour with the grandsons, jr. Weekly on Fridays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Risa Binder Tomorrow, May 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Moogatu + WoodWork + Threesound Tomorrow, May 24, 10:00 pm
- James McCartney + Justin Trawick Sat, May 25, 7:30 pm
- "Main Stage" Comedy Showcase Tue, May 28, 9:00 pm
- @JamnJavadoorGal's LOCAL SCENE Grand Revival + Sub-Radio Standard + Good Gravity + Sudden Impact Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- Thursday Mornings with The Great Zucchini Weekly on Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Thursday Lunch Hour with Oh Susannah! Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm