While much of the East Coast — including parts of Northern Virginia — saw the worst of Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath, Vienna residents saw a quick recovery from more than 6,000 power outages and the few road closings it experienced.
Small clusters of residents in Vienna are still without power as of 1 a.m. Wednesday, according to an interactive outage map from Dominion Virginia Power.
About 145 customers around the Courthouse Road area, on the Oakton-Vienna border, have no power. Residents in the area told Patch crews from Dominion were working on the outage late Tuesday evening.
In Fairfax County, Dominion is reporting 13,736 outages as of 1 a.m.
Vienna's roads have seen most closures already opened. The following roads are still closed as of 1 a.m.
- Courthouse Road & Palace Green Way: downed tree
- 2400 block of Cedar Lane: downed trees/wires
- Hunter Station Road: downed phone lines
- 1800 Batten Hollow Road: high water
- MacArthur Avenue NE at Beulah Road: downed trees/wires
- Hilltop Drive, Glyndon and Park streets: cabling needs removal
- Westbriar Drive NE at 301 Courthouse Road: downed trees/power lines
- Walnut Lane: downed tree
Are you noticing power outages or road closures not listed? Let us and your neighbors know through the comments section below. Do you have photos of storm damage? Email Nicole.Trifone@patch.com.