As of Tuesday, the mega-lottery was up to $108 million. If you match all five white balls, plus the powerball, you win. After taxes, the Virginia Lottery estimates you'll take home $61 million. What are your chances? Oh, about 1 in 175,223,510. But, it's fun to play.
Here are some tips on playing Powerball, from the folks at the Virginia Lottery:
- Choose your own numbers on a play slip. Select five different numbers from 1 through 59, then select one Powerball number from 1 through 35.
- Or you can play Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers.
- Or you can use a combination of these play methods - pick some of your favorite numbers and let the computer fill in the rest.
- Each play (six numbers) costs $2.
- Powerball draws are held Wednesday and Saturday at 11 p.m.
- All prizes, except the jackpot, are fixed dollar amounts. The jackpot total is dependent on the amount of money in the draw's total prize pool.
Here's where you can purchase a Powerball ticket in Vienna. You can enter your ZIP code for the closest locations to you. Good luck!