1. Celebrate the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah, which starts Wednesday, Sept. 4. Chabad Tysons Jewish Center is holding services at the Courtyard Marriott Tysons Corner Hotel, 1960-A Chain Bridge Rd, McLean.
Shoreshim of Reston invites the Jewish community of the Greater DC area for free, no tickets required, High Holy Day Services. For more information, email: email@example.com or call (571) 445-0563.
2. Check out a concert with Caitlin Crosby and Jesse Ruben at Jammin Java, Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $13. Jammin Java is located at 227 Maple Ave E. in Vienna.
3. Looking for a place for ballet and other dance classes? The Classical Ballet Theater currently has open enrollment. After serving the cultural community in Northern Virginia for 25 years, the Classical Ballet Theatre is opening its doors to the 2013-2014 season. This year, CBT will be producing two ballet classics -- The Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty -- as well as an evening highlighting contemporary dance. It's not too late to join in the fun, whether you want to learn classical ballet and contemporary dance as a hobby or to prepare for a professional career. Contact Kim Brummett at (703) 471-0750 to schedule an audition. Classical Ballet Theatre, 320 Victory Dr, Herndon.
4. Visit the Grand Opening for a top-notch Military and Veteran Wellness Center. Boulder Crest Retreat in Bluemont is holding its grand opening and public open house Friday, Sept. 6 at 1 p.m. This 37-acre military and veteran wellness center will provide a peaceful country setting for wounded warriors and their families to reconnect and recover with free recreational activities, programs and private accommodations. Boulder Crest Retreat is located at 18370 Bluemont Village Ln, Bluemont.
5. Looking for a fun, free activity with the kids? Check out Bob Brown Puppets - Clowning Around, showing Saturday, Sept. 7 at 10:30 a.m. The marionettes will come alive at Patrick Henry Library, 101 Maple Ave., E., Vienna.