Vienna has routinely been named one of the best places to live by Money, Northern Virginia and Forbes Magazines.
But it's the people who live, eat, work and play here that know exactly why.
We'd like to hear the reasons why Vienna is so great, and recognize the people and places behind them. So we've teamed up with local blog So Very Vienna to launch the first "Best of Vienna" awards, which will use reader votes to recognize the "best" businesses and places in five different categories.
Here's how it works:
The Survey opened May 16 at this link and will be open until May 30. Readers should follow the link and choose from the options listed, or write-in their own votes.
We will be at Viva!Vienna! today on Dominion Road. Come by and vote in person!
The categories are:
1. Where is the best place to be outside in Vienna?
- At a Town playground or park
- On the Town Green
- Walking down historic Church Street
- Other (write-in your choice)
2. Who has the best frozen yogurt/ ice cream in Vienna?
3. Where is the best place to get coffee in Vienna?
- Amphora Diner
4. Where is the most kid-friendly place to play in Vienna?
- Vienna Town Green
- Waters Field
- Yeonas Park
5. What is the best locally-owned business in Vienna? (Write-in your choice. Need help? Use our directory.)
The survey will be open until Memorial Day, when Patch and So Very Vienna will announce the award winners on both of their sites.
You can also vote in person at Patch's Viva!Vienna! booth on May 29 and May 30. Patch will be at the booth all weekend, and will welcome So Very Vienna blog author Melanie Kadlic Meren from 10 to noon on Sunday morning.