The annual Church Street Holiday Stroll returns tonight from 6 to 9 p.m.
Called "the kick-off event to Vienna's holiday season," the evening will feature performances, shopping, marshmallow roasting and more. Merchants will be open along Church Street and adjacent streets as well.
The event is sponsored by Historic Vienna Inc., the Church Street Merchants and the town's Department of Parks and Recreation.
Here's what you need to know. If we missed your store or a special event, let us know in the comments:
Church Street from Mill to Lawyers Road will be closed to traffic beginning at 6 p.m.
- Santa will arrive in an antique fire truck at 6:15 p.m. to help Mayor Jane Seeman light the tree.
- Santa will visit with children until 8:30 p.m. on the porch of
Entertainment on the "Showmobile" stage:
- Wolftrap Elementary
- Vienna Elementary
- First Baptist Church Men’s Choir
- Emmanuel Lutheran Kings’ Kids Choir
- Green Hedges Jazz Ensemble
- Vienna Community Band
The Fairfax Jubilaires, the Vienna Falls Chorus of Sweet Adelines and the Vienna Choral Society will be strolling the streets performing during the event.
- will open their Old Chapel, at the corner of Mill and Church Streets.
- The Optimist Club of Greater Vienna will show visitors into the Caboose, located on the W&OD trail.
- Knights of Columbus will lead tours of their own historic building-- the original first baptist building as well as the oldest church in Vienna, located at 214 Lawyers Rd N.W.
- Drop off toys for Toys For Tots at the corner of Dominon and Church Streets
- Petting zoo and supervised bonfires for roasting marshmallows near the Freeman House.
- Free hot chocolate near the Vienna Presbyterian Church
- A number of Church Street district stores
For information call 703 938 5187