There's only one place to be every Friday night from 8-10 PM! Come out to Sweet City Desserts for Open Mic Night! Each performer will have 30 minutes to perform. Contact Polly at (703) 755-0409 to reserve your spot!
Staring September 7, 2012, each singer or group will have 30 minutes to “WOW” us – the owners and the audience - who are the real judges. The best singer or group with the loudest vocal vote by the audience will compete at the end of the month to become the Monthly winner. 12 monthly winners will compete on December 21, 2012 for a chance at a surprise prize beyond your wildest dreams.
NOTE: Since we are just starting this for the month of September, there will be only 3 finalists for the December Finals.
- You must not be employed or a direct relative of SCD or its’ marketing sponsor, Venutec. All others are welcome!
- There is NO age limit, but all participant below the age of 18 must have a written consent from the parents or guardian. We must have this copy.
- You must not have any prior professional award, contracts, gig, or any appearances in a professional setting (TV, American Idol, etc.)
- Each singer or group must come 4 times a month to qualify at the end of the month.
- Once you are voted for that month, which qualifiy you for the year-end finale, you cannot compete again. You may however come back and sing on a space availability setting.
- If you do not win for that month, you can come back as often, until you are voted in, or you run out of time. You can do it all over again next year.
- All contest participant will not recieve any performance payment in the form of cash from Sweet City Desserts, but you may get a surprise pastry and drink even if you do not win.
- For the reason on #7, all participants are encourage to bring their own TIP JAR.
We have a mainstay singer/musician, therefore all prospective contestants must contact her for scheduling.
To reserve your spot email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 755-0409!
For all other questions, please contact the owner of Sweet City Desserts, Mr. Manny Tagle at 703.938.8188, or its marketing sponsor, Venutec, through Mr. Silvestre Acedillo, at 703-879-8368.
You can also post your comments or blogs at the SCD website or at SCD Facebook.