The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC, is Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 noon, rain or shine in DC, and Grandstand Tickets at $20 are still available.
Standing along the parade route from Constitution Avenue between 9th and 15th streets, NW is free and open to the public. Arrive early for the best views.
The weather forecast for Saturday is for mostly sunny skies with a high of 69 degrees. Peak bloom date is Tuesday through Saturday. Visit the National Park Service‘s website with links to the Blossom Cam.
Go here for transportation tips on getting to the parade.
The celebrities in Saturday's parade lineup include:
- American Idol Season 12 winner Candice Glover
- Multiple Grammy award-winning artist Sheena Easton, with over 20 million records sold worldwide
- R&B and Gospel Grammy award-winning artist Regina Belle
- Pop sensation and hip hop singer Aaron Carter
- Grand Marshal Darrell Green, former cornerback from the Washington Redskins and Pro Football Hall of Fame member
- Branden James, a classical crossover singer known from season 8 of America’s Got Talent
- Chart topping artist Jay Sean
- Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri
- Norah O’Donnell, co-anchor of CBS This Morning, joins WUSA 9 News anchors Andrea Roane and Mike Hydeck as Parade hosts
- American Idol’s Justin Guarini returns as street correspondent for the second year.
- Radio personalities and local favorites Loo Katz and Matt Bosso from WASH-FM host from a second performance area located near the Parade’s finish.
WUSA 9 will air the parade locally in a delayed telecast from 12 noon to 2 p.m. The parade will be nationally syndicated in 2014, with the support of Events DC, to audiences across the country.
Events DC will showcase a float themed “Events In Motion” that highlights some of the events hosted at Events DC properties in Washington, DC. For the first time, the parade features five winners from the Festival’s local talent competition:
- The GW Vibes, a co-ed a cappella from George Washington University
- Reverb, an award-winning a cappella group
- R&B/Pop artist Ashley from Mount Rainier, Md.
- Alan Gendreau, an energetic soloist
- 8-year-old Kelvin Dukes. Kelvin is the featured performer for the Youth Choir, comprised of hundreds of children from across the country.