It's no secret Vienna is home to
We're out to find out where (and what exactly) it is. And we're turning to readers for help.
Here's how it will work:
- Each Monday we'll ask Vienna Patch readers to nominate their favorite dishes in Vienna.
- Each Wednesday, we'll open those nominations for voting.
- By Friday, the winning dish will be announced.
- Tune in the following Monday to read our review of the dish, and, nominate another.
We have just a few rules:
- The dish must be from a local restaurant (No chains).
- The dish must be under $20.
- You must name a specific dish, not just the name of a restaurant.
- A dish cannot "win" more than once.
- Don't worry: if your dish was selected one week but didn't win, you can nominate it again.
Nominate your favorite dish in the comments below.
This week, we have a special twist: The Jumbo Lump Crabcakes from and the Seared Chicken Dumplings from were Instead of a tie-breaker, we'll forward both of the entries automatically into this week's contest. (Add a comment to give the dishes an early vote).
- Week of Jan.9: Pure Pasty Review Coming
- Week of Jan. 16: Wolftrap Cafe ()
- Week of Jan. 23: , Maplewood Grill (
- Week of Jan. 30: Church Street Pizza (
- Week of Feb. 6: , Maple Ave Restaurant.(
- Week of Feb. 13: , Plaka Grill ()
- Week of Feb. 20: General Tso's Surprise, Sunflower Vegetarian Restaurant ()
- Week of Feb. 27: Sweet Ginger ()
- Week of March 5: , Vienna Inn Review Coming
- Week of March 12: Tied! Carried forward to this week
While we discourage manipulating a vote, our current voting system can't prevent the practice. So, until our engineers make tweaks, strategize as you see fit. Patch's "Restaurant Commissioner" holds the right to make changes and decisions as necessary.