Pure Pasty Co.'s Cottage Pies was named Vienna's "best dish" of the week by readers who voted in "Eating Across Vienna's" first weekly poll.
Pure Pasty Owner Mike Burgess, who originally hails from the historic English market town of Nantwich, introducing pasties (pronounced “past-ees”) with Indian and fusion ingredients, vegetarian options and special seasonal treats like pork and apples. The shop also offers soups, salads and the quintessential British sausage roll.
His dish took 62 percent of the vote in this week's poll.
Here are the full results (listed with vote percentages):
- Cottage Pie at 62 percent
- Pad Thai at Sweet Ginger: 10 percent
- Chirashi at : "0" percent (2 votes)
- Chicken and Waffles at : 25 percent
- Mussels Casino at "0" percent (2 votes)
Readers nominated seven dishes in the first week of Eating Across Vienna,
Check back on Monday for Patch's review of the dish, and for a chance to nominate another. Don't worry: if your dish didn't win this week, you can nominate it again for next week's voting.
As a reminder:
- Each Monday we'll ask Vienna Patch readers to nominate their favorite dishes in Vienna.
- Each Wednesday, we'll open those nominations for voting.
- By Friday, the winning dish will be announced.
- Tune in the following Monday to read our review of the dish, and, nominate another.
And the rules:
- The dish must be from a local restaurant (No chains).
- The dish must be under $20.
- You must name a specific dish, not just the name of a restaurant.
- A dish cannot "win" more than once, but it can be nominated as many times as it takes for it to win.