Pan Seared Trout was named Vienna's "best dish" of the week by readers who
Wolftrap Cafe has been in the same spot on Maple Avenue since 1979, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and recently offering wifi to customers.
The "Pan Fried Trout," as it was submitted by readers, took 67 percent of the vote in this week's poll.
Here are the full results (listed with vote percentages):
- Chicken and Waffles at : 8%
- Crying Tiger Steak from Neisha Thai: 0% (Two votes)
- Plaka Gyro from : 20%
- Pan Fried Trout from 67%
- Tuna sandwich at : 2%
Readers nominated five dishes this week.
Some observations from the week: Plaka Grill's Plaka Gyro received the most nominations, but couldn't secure the most votes. It's also the second week the Chicken and Waffles at Maple Ave has made it to the voting round, but ultimately lost in the poll. And, we had one tweet from a reader saying she was shocked Neisha Thai made the poll: "@ViennaPatch neisha thai is horrible, I've gotten food poisoning from that place all 3 times I've eaten there," it read.
Check back on Monday for Patch's review of the trout, and for a chance to nominate another dish. Don't worry: if your dish didn't win this week, you can nominate it again for next week's voting.
As a reminder:
- Each Monday we'll ask Vienna Patch readers to nominate their favorite dishes in Vienna.
- Each Wednesday, we'll open those nominations for voting.
- By Friday, the winning dish will be announced.
- Tune in the following Monday to read our review of the dish, and, nominate another.
And the rules:
- The dish must be from a local restaurant (No chains).
- The dish must be under $20.
- You must name a specific dish, not just the name of a restaurant.
- A dish cannot "win" more than once, but it can be nominated as many times as it takes for it to win.