A new Microsoft store opens Thursday morning in Tysons Corner Mall just in time for holiday shopping.
This will be Microsoft's first store on the East Coast and 14th store in all.
Things to know about the new store:
1. What will they sell? All things electronic. Manager Rick Green said customers can select from major computer brands, phones, X Boxes.
"People can come in and get answers and solutions for all their technical needs," Green said. "They can also play and learn about technology."
2. Where is the store located in the mall. The store will be located in Tysons One (that's one with the Nordstrom's). Microsoft is across from Sephora and Champs and a short distance from Restoration Hardware.
No, it's not near the Apple store. Major difference between the two: Apple sells only Apple. The Apple store in Tysons opened in 2001, the first Apple store, along with Cupertino, Calif., to open in the country. They opened on the same day.
3. What time does it open? 9:30 am. this morning. "The first 200 people who visit the store on Thursday, November 17, will receive two complimentary premier-viewing tickets to the Joe Jonas performance on Saturday, November 19" at the mall, according to the store's Facebook page.
4. Why locate in Tysons Corner. Tysons Corner is the largest shopping mall in Virginia and in the Washington-Baltimore area. It is also a prestigious address for upscale retailers.
Twenty two million people visit Tysons Corner Center annually according to owner The Macerich Co. of Santa Monica, Calif., a publicly traded real estate investment trust. The company owns other regional shopping malls around the country.
In addition to the first Apple store, the first Nordstrom's east of the Mississippi also opened here in 1988.
5. Who's in Charge of the Store. Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, Wash., selected experienced manager Rick Green. This is Green's fourth store opening.
"We are super-excited to be here because this is where the growth is," he said, explaining why Microsoft chose Tysons Corner Mall for its first East Coast location. Green lives in Belleview, Wash.
He didn't say how many employees the store had. Visitors walking by the still veiled store earlier in the week could heard cheers from staff training sessions.