If Vienna were a pizza, what would it look like?
The question is one Whole Food Vienna is posing to customers and residents across town Friday in advance of the Ravens and 49ers matchup in Super Bowl Sunday.
"We decided to do this contest to make our café area even more connected to the Vienna community. We have local art hanging, local beers being poured, and now we will have a pizza that isn’t being sold at any other Whole Foods Market," store marketing team leader Katie Wolffe told Patch.
The store put out a call on its Facebook page earlier this month, asking for fans to create a "Custom Viena Pie."
Employees chose six finalists, and on Friday, residents will have a chance to vote for the winner, whose pizza will be sold regularly in the Vienna store. They'll also win five pizzas for the Super Bowl.
Residents can vote on the store's Facebook page, or in person from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at the store, 143 Maple Ave E., where samples will be available.
Facebook likes count for one point; in-person votes count for three.
To learn more about each entry, click through the slideshow above.
A brief recap:
- Finalist Mike Prendergast: "The Taco Pizza," which includes taco sauce, taco seasoning, ground beef, mild banana peppers, Mexican cheese blend.
- Finalist Heather Rosen: the "Virginia Ham Pizza": Virginia Ham, garlic, green peppers.
- Finalist Hank Arrington: "Vienna-Inspired Bacon and Spinach Pizza": Tomato sauce, spinach, bacon, white onions, cheese, feta sprinkles, pine nuts.
- Finalist Suzanne Landi: "Kale Pizza": Tomato sauce, kale, broccoli, sheep's cheese.
- Finalist Peter Rovan: "Tuna Pizza": Snow peas, red onions, olive oil, tuna.
- Finalist Mary Michelsen: "Fig & Goat Cheese Pizza": Carmelized onions, fig preserves, goat cheese, fontina cheese, prosciutto.
What pizza would you pick? Do you have a better creation? Tell us in the comments.