By Drew Hansen
Scouts from local troops and packs will be distributing plastic bags in local neighborhoods on Saturday, Nov. 2 and will return Saturday, Nov. 9 to pick up bags filled with food.
The collected food will be distributed to in-need families in the region through the Capital Area Food Bank.
Most-wanted items include:
- Nonperishable food items
- Canned protein (tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter)
- Soups and stews (beef stew, chili, meat-based soups)
- 100-percent fruit juices (all sizes)
- Grains (pasta, whole grain pasta, rice, brown rice, boxed macaroni and cheese)
- Cereals (multi-grain, low-sugar such as Cheerios, cornflakes, raisin bran, grape nuts, oatmeal)
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits
- Hygiene products (diapers, toilet paper, tissues, soap, toothpaste)