Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive.
Fairfax County Police logged the following incidents in the Vienna area during the week ending Oct. 17:
- Burglary, 9400 block of Atwood Road, 10/14/12, 11:15 a.m. A resident reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. Entry was made through an unlocked front door.
- Burglary, 2500 block of Rambling Road, 10/17/12, 7:30 p.m. A resident reported someone entered her home and stole jewelry. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
- Disorderly, 3000 block of Nutley Street, 10/17/12, 7 a.m. Officers were called for a reported brandishing of a gun. An investigation revealed that two drivers began with a traffic altercation on I-66. After exiting, they allegedly exchanged words and physically threatened each other at a traffic light. No firearm was found. Daryl McClellan, 47, of Manassas and Charles Mankin, 44, of Manassas, were each charged with disorderly conduct.
- Larceny, 2800 block of Juniper Street, services from business
- Larceny, 1500 block of Spring Hill Road, tires from business
- Larceny, Spring Hill Road/Leesburg Pike, tools from business
- Larceny, 8100 block of Tysons Corner Center, handbags from business
- Larceny, 8000 block of Tysons Corner Center, cellular phone from business
- Larceny, 7900 block of Westpark Drive, computer from business
Animal Control Division — Countywide
Animal Bite, 12400 block of Rose Path Circle, 10/12/12, 9:15 a.m. An officer was called for a 3-year-old victim who was allegedly grabbed and dragged by a German Shepherd. Following an investigation, Ashley Tennyson, 28, of Fairfax, was charged with unlicensed dog. The dog was routinely quarantined.
Animal Bite, 14400 block of Round Lick Lane, 10/12/12, noon. The victim reported she was bit by a German Shepherd. She received minor injuries. Matthew Marshall, 52, of Centreville, was charged with no rabies vaccination for his dog. The dog was routinely quarantined.
Animal Bite, 6200 block Ridge Pond Road, 10/16/12, 10:25 p.m. The victim reported he was bit by Labrador Retriever mix while walking his own dogs. The victim received minor injuries and the dog was routinely quarantined.
Animal Bite, 500 block of Dakota Drive, 10/16/12, 4:20 p.m. The victim was bitten while handling a stray cat. The cat was captured by Animal Control officers and quarantined.
The following Vienna residents were included in Fairfax County Police's weekly log released Oct. 18. The names were taken from the list Fairfax County Police publishes weekly of those arrested in Fairfax County. An arrest not indicate a conviction.Name Age Date of Incident Charge Description Barrand, Kyle 20 10/10/12 DWI: 1st Off, BAC .15-20% Bean, Kevin Cory 53 9/25/12 Community-based Probation: Violation on Misd Off Burke, Timothy Joseph 44 9/27/12 Failure to Appear: On Misdemeanor Offense Chaboud, Yannick Andrew 20 10/13/12 Drugs: Possess Marijuana, 1st Off Alcohol: Purch/Possess By Person <21y Jefferson, Brittany Dayshawn 19 10/15/12 Assault: On Family Member Kelly, Clancy Ocean 19 9/25/12 Failure to Appear: On Misdemeanor Offense Phan, Tuan Le Dinh 30 10/1/12 Failure to Appear: On Misdemeanor Offense
Have a question regarding police matters? Submit a question for our new feature, Ask an Officer. Click here for more information.