Fire Breaks Out in Prelude Drive Garage

Vehicle's fuel leak causes accidental fire, officials say

A fuel leak caused a fire while a man worked on a restored vehicle in his garage Monday morning, fire officials said.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue responded to the 1700 block of Prelude Drive in Vienna around 7:30 a.m. Monday, spotting smoke coming from the two-story house's attached garage upon arrival. 

Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained in the garage, said Battalion Chief John Price of the Dunn Loring Station.

The owner of the home was working on a restored vehicle in the garage when a fuel leak caught an ignition source, Price said. Unable to put the fire out with an extinguisher himself, the owner called the department for assistance.

Nobody was injured in the fire, Price said.

Patch will update this story as more information becomes available.

Get daily and breaking news email updates from Vienna Patch by signing up for newsletters hereOr follow Vienna Patch on Twitter and Facebook.

Mollie October 11, 2012 at 02:13 PM
What a shame. I live in the neighborhood, and that guy had some pretty cool cars. I hope none were damaged too badly.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »