A man stopped another man pushing his wife against the balcony railing of the couple's home Sept. 27, Vienna Police said.
A man reported to police he witnessed an assault on the 200 block of Cedar Lane around 11 p.m. Sept. 27. He said he saw a man holding a woman's hands over her head and pushing her against the balcony railing of their home. The witness rushed to the aid of the woman and detained the man until police arrived, according to the report.
Once officers arrived, they determined the married couple had become involved in an argument that turned physical when the man assaulted his wife.
Carlos Ernesto Cifuentes, 32, of Cedar Lane SE in Vienna was arrested for domestic assault and transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where he was held without bond.
Other highlights from the Vienna Police Department Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4:
- A resident on the 500 block of Yeonas Drive SW reported someone had made a charge to one of his credit cards between midnight and 11:59 p.m. Sept. 14. The charge was made to a Safeway Store in California. This case is being investigated.
- A resident reported that while her vehicle was parked in the parking lot at 359 Maple Ave. SE someone had dented the rear passenger door around 4:50 p.m. Sept. 18.
- A resident on the 8700 block of Litwalton Court reported there was a continuous humming noise emanating from the generators of a local business between 9 p.m. Sept. 27 and 5:01 a.m. Sept. 28.
- A resident reported the community mailbox on Roland Street at Carter Court SW had been knocked over between 11:30 p.m. Sept. 27 and 6:30 a.m. Sept. 28.
- A resident reported her sister had fallen and required medical treatment on the 900 block of Fairway Drive NE around 12:38 p.m. Sept. 28. Fairfax Fire and Rescue responded and transported the resident to an area hospital.
- A resident reported their son had gone to stay at a friend's house and was refusing to return home between 2 p.m. Sept. 28 and 12:30 a.m. Oct. 3. An officer located the juvenile, returned him to his residence and released him to his parents.
- An employee of Rite Aid, 215 Maple Ave. West, reported an ex-employee had been calling her and making obscene comments around 3 p.m. Sept. 28.
- Two residents reported a male and female were walking in the neighborhood and placing lollipops in the mailboxes along the 500 block of Colony Court NW around 6:30 p.m. Sept. 28. The lollipops did not have notes or information to explain why they had been placed in the mailboxes.
- A resident reported around 10:41 p.m. Sept. 28 he and his sister had become involved in a verbal argument when his sister could not locate some of her personal items. The sister left the residence on the 400 block of Yeonas Drive SW prior to the arrival of police. No physical altercation occurred.
- A citizen reported two individuals were actively fighting in the parking lot of the Shell Station, 545 Maple Ave. West, around 1:21 a.m. Sept. 29. An officer arrived and located the two individuals. The individuals stated they were brothers and had become involved in a physical altercation with each other. While the officer was speaking with one of the brothers, the other brother stood up and with a closed fist struck his brother in the face. Israel Moreno, 20, of Deerfield Lane in Woodbridge was arrested for domestic assault and drunk in public. Moreno was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center without incident.
- A resident on the 200 block of Locust St. SE reported her son had become ill and required medical treatment around 2:17 a.m. Sept. 29. The son was transported to an area hospital without incident.
- During a traffic stop on Maple Avenue near Westbriar Drive NE around 3:42 a.m. Sept. 29, the driver showed signs of possible impairment. After failing to complete field sobriety tests, Greyson P. Jones, 27, of Westwind Way in McLean was arrested for driving while intoxicated. Jones was transported to Vienna Police Headquarters for a breath analysis, which he refused. Jones was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where he was charged with driving while intoxicated and refusal to submit to a breath test. Jones was to be held until he was sober.
- During a traffic stop on the 100 block of Maple Avenue SE around 4:08 a.m. Sept. 29, the driver showed signs of possible impairment. After failing to complete several field sobriety tests, Charles Casey Garner, 32, of Masterworks Drive in Vienna was arrested for driving while intoxicated. Garner was transported to Vienna Police Headquarters for a breath analysis, which he refused. Garner was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center, where he was charged with driving while intoxicated (second offense) and refusal to submit to a breath test. Garner was to be held until he was sober.
- A citizen reported he was bitten by a dog that was tied by the entrance to Caribou Coffee, 332 Maple Ave. East. The owner of the dog was located and was advised of the quarantine process. The owner agreed to quarantine the dog. Animal Control Officer Barker will follow up with the case.
- A resident on the 300 block of Cabin Road SE reported someone had egged their house during the overnight period of Sept. 29.