Readers are reminded that an “arrest” is based upon probable cause and does not always mean that someone was physically taken into custody. Furthermore, it does not mean that an individual is automatically guilty of a crime.
Some cases are not included at all due to ongoing investigations. Please contact MPO Gary Lose, at email@example.com, for more information.
- Fraud 300 Block Plum Street, SW Between April 18 at 12 p.m. and Nov. 30 at 12 p.m. A resident reported that someone had made charges to his credit card without his knowledge. This case is being investigated.
- Grand Larceny 700 Block Kingsley Road, SW Between Dec. 18 at 3:35 p.m. and December 25 at 3:35 p.m. A resident reported that an air conditioning unit had been taken from her residence which is about to be razed for renovations.
- Fraud 300 Block John Marshall Drive, NE Between Dec. 19 at 12 p.m. and Dec. 27 at 2 p.m. A resident reported that a solicitor had been at her home and convinced her that her home was in need of repairs. The resident agreed to the repairs and paid the solicitor however she was unsure if the repairs had been completed. She stated she was again contacted by the solicitor who informed her she needed to provide him with another check in the same amount as the first check. This case is being investigated.
- Fraud 700 Block Cottage Street, SW Between Dec. 20 at 9:32 a.m. and Dec. 27 at 9:32 a.m. A resident responded to an advertisement for employment on Craigslist. The resident received a check for an undisclosed amount of money and was informed to deposit the check, then purchase two Green-Dot Money Pak cards and send the cards to the individual who sent the check. After sending the cards the resident went to his bank was informed the check he deposited was not valid. This case is being investigated.
- Burglary American Business Development Group 301 Maple Avenue, West Suite 500 Between Dec. 24 at 4 p.m. and Dec. 26 at 1 p.m. An employee reported that someone had forced entry into his business and had taken several checks and a credit card. The employee was informed by his bank that the credit card had been used to make fraudulent purchases and some of the checks had been cashed. This case is being investigated.
- Grand Larceny – Stolen Auto 200 Block Park Terrace Court, SE Between Dec. 26 at 6 p.m. and Dec. 27 at 10 a.m. A resident reported he had parked his unlocked vehicle, with the keys still inside. He stated when he returned to where the vehicle had been parked he discovered it had been stolen. This case is being investigated.
- Police Service 1000 Block Hillcrest Drive, SW December 26 11:08 p.m. A resident reported there had been a party at a neighboring residence and she believed there may have been underage drinking occurring at the party. Officer Reedy responded and spoke with the partygoers and verified that everyone consuming alcohol was at least 21 years of age. He also informed the host of the party of the Town of Vienna Noise Ordinance.
- Suspicious Person 400 Block Knoll Street, NW Dec. 27 10:04 a.m. A citizen reported that she believed the driver of a silver/gray pickup truck had been following her. The citizen stated the driver had passed her on several occasions and would rev his engine and flash his lights. She was unable to provide any description of the driver or any further description of the vehicle.
- Vandalism 900 Block Ware Street, SW December 28 between 1:15 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. A citizen reported that someone had scratched the front driver and passenger doors to her vehicle.
- Fraud Hair Pair 338 Maple Avenue, West Dec. 28 4:40 p.m. An employee reported she had received a telephone call from an individual claiming to be an employee of Dominion Power. The caller stated the employee’s business was delinquent on the electric bill. The caller stated the employee would need to purchase a MoneyPak pre paid card and provide the caller with the security numbers or the service would be disconnected. The employee was informed by a customer she had been the victim of a scam. This case is being investigated.
- Trespassing McDonald’s 537 Maple Avenue, West Dec. 29 3:03 a.m. An employee reported that an individual had been in the restaurant and had been previously informed to leave and not to return. MPO Sheeran responded and spoke with the individual reminding him of the previous wishes of the management of the restaurant. The employee did not wish to pursue charges however she requested the individual again be informed to leave and not return to the restaurant. The individual agreed to leave and not return.
- Grand Larceny The Freeman House 131 Church Street, NE Between Dec. 29 at 2:30 p.m. and Dec. 30 at 3 p.m. A citizen reported that after leaving the Freeman House she went shopping at the Giant Shopping Center. The citizen stated when she attempted to pay for her groceries she discovered that an undisclosed amount of cash and other papers were missing from her wallet.
- Petit Larceny 600 Block Tazewell Road, NW Between Dec. 30 at 11 a.m. and Dec. 31 at 8:20 a.m. A resident reported someone had entered her husband’s unlocked vehicles and had taken an undetermined amount of loose change.
- Petit Larceny 600 Block Upham Place, NW Between Dec. 30 at 11 a.m. and Dec. 31 at 8:30 a.m. A resident reported that someone had entered his vehicle and had taken several items. The resident was unsure if the vehicle doors were locked.
- Petit Larceny 600 Block Upham Place, NW Between Dec. 30 at 11 a.m. and Dec. 31 at 8:00 a.m. A resident reported that someone had entered his vehicle and had taken an undetermined amount of loose change.
- Animal Case 600 Block Roberts Drive, NW Dec. 30 1 p.m. ACO Barker responded to the area in reference to two golden retrievers that were running loose in the neighborhood. ACO Barker attempted to locate the owners of the dogs without success. The dogs were transported to the Fairfax County Animal Shelter where they will be held until the owners can be identified.
- Vehicle Tampering 700 Block Maple Avenue, East Between Dec. 31 at 5:30 p.m. and Jan. 1 at 1:30 a.m. A citizen reported that someone had entered her vehicle and rummaged through her belongings but it appeared nothing had been taken
- Fight 1100 Block Desale Street, SW Jan. 1 12:30 a.m. A citizen reported that a group of 10 – 15 men were involved in a fight. The citizen stated the group dispersed when he informed them he had called the police. Officer Digan responded and located an individual who stated he had been struck in the face however he did not wish to pursue charges against the individual who had struck him. Officer Digan spoke with a female at the residence who denied any fight had taken place.
- Arrest – Driving While Intoxicated Nutley Street at Kingsley Road, SW January 01 2:18 a.m. MPO Shaver was on patrol when he observed the driver of a vehicle commit several traffic violations. MPO Shaver conducted a traffic stop and upon his interaction with the driver he detected the signs of possible impairment. After failing to complete several field sobriety tests he arrested a 25-year old female of Vienna for Driving While Intoxicated. The woman was transported to the Vienna Police Station where she was provided the opportunity to provide a sample of her breath for a breath analysis. After the analysis she was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where she was charged with Driving While Intoxicated. She was to be held until she was sober.
- Police Service 100 Block Park Street, NE Jan. 1 5:07 p.m. Officer Tracy responded to the area for the report of a domestic assault. After arriving in the area he located an individual who stated he was looking for a friend who was known to frequent a residence in the area. Officer Tracy determined that no assault had taken place.
- Suspicious Person 300 Block Valeview Court, NW Jan. 2 10:35 p.m. A resident reported he had observed an individual in his backyard and was following him on Nutley Street, NW. Officer Herrera responded and located the individual who stated he had been dog sitting for a neighbor of the resident and had walked through the backyard in order to return to his home.