Downed trees, iced over from Sunday's winter storm, hit power lines and knocked out power to more than 1,000 in Vienna Monday, according to a Dominion power outage map. The area was expected to get more snow Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.
To report downed trees or power lines in the roadway, call 703-255-6366. Town officials are monitoring the storm forecast for Tuesday and preparing to handle snow on the roadways. See information here on the Town's snow removal program.
The Town on Monday asked residents to please avoid the following areas:
- Park Street SE from Moore Avenue SE to Mill Street SE
- Tapawingo Road SW from Lullaby Lane S to DeSale Street SW
- Kinglsey Road SE from DeSale Street SW to Park Street SE
- DeSale Street SW from James Drive SE and Patrick Street SE
- Park Street SE from Talahi Road SE to Whispering Wind Court SE
Trees were to be removed from the roadways by Town crews once Dominion Power cleared the power lines. Residents are asked to please stay at least 30 feet away from downed power lines and do not attempt to touch or remove tree limbs entangled with lines.
The roads were expected to remain closed through a majority of Monday while Dominion crews worked to remove the lines and Town crews removed the trees.