In an effort to aid in snow removal and to ensure the safety of residents and Town employees, recycling and trash collection for Friday, February 14, has been canceled.
On Wednesday, the Town initially adjusted the refuse collection schedule to suspend Thursday collections and to pick-up recycling and trash for both Thursday and Friday routes on Friday, February 14.
However, due to the high snow accumulation and the Town’s continued snow removal efforts, refuse collection has been canceled for Friday. Residents on the Thursday and Friday routes are asked to hold their refuse until their next regular collection days on Thursday, February 20, and Friday, February 21.
Town of Vienna offices will open on time, with liberal leave in effect for Town employees on Friday, February 14. Essential personnel should report to work as scheduled. Employees interested in utilizing liberal leave should contact their supervisor.Residents and businesses are asked not to park on the street in order to aid in snow plowing activities. For information on the Town’s Snow Removal program, visit www.viennava.gov.
Stay Connected/Important Numbers
Residents and businesses should register for Vienna Community Alerts – Emergency Information – at www.viennava.gov/List.aspx for information on town activities related to the storm sent via text and/or email.
· Report downed trees and lines in the roadway, water main breaks and other storm-related hazards by calling the Police Non-Emergency Line at (703) 255-6366.
· Report power outages to Dominion Power at 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357) or visit the mobile website at www.dom.com.
· For recorded Town information, call the Vienna Information Line at (703) 255-6333.
· Watch Town of Vienna Community Network on Cox channel 27 and Verizon channel 38.
· Visit the Town’s website at www.viennava.gov.
Residents and businesses are encouraged to stay tuned to local TV and radio stations for up to-date information on the storms progress.