Prospects Baseball Academy honored its senior players who have signed to play baseball at the collegiate level Nov. 12 at the inaugural Diamond Club Gala.
Mitch MacKeith, a left-handed pitcher from Marshall High School, along with Madison High School seniors Nate Favero, an infielder, and Johnny Graham, a catcher, are among the 16 players from the class of 2012 Prospects who will play at a Division 1 or Division 2 school next year.
Favero, also for the Warhawks, will take the diamond at Brigham Young University. Graham, who along with Favero led Madison's baseball team to the signed with the Air Force.
MacKeith will head to Radford University to join the Highlanders' bullpen.
The Prospects hosted the Diamond Club Gala at their facility in Tysons Corner, which raised money for the academy through ticket sales, donations, sponsorships and a silent auction.
The gala featured Bert Blyleven and Bill Ripken as speakers. Blyleven pitched in the Majors for 22 years, earning the 1970 American League Rookie of the Year and the World Series title in 1979 and 1987. Ripken, younger brother of Cal Ripken Jr., played in the Majors for 12 years and now serves as co-chairman of Ripken Baseball Inc.
Class of 2012 signed Prospects:
- Texas Williams, OF, Centreville High School (Temple University)
- Kevin LaChance, INF, Centreville High School (UMBC)
- Tim Davis, RHP, Madison High School (Georgetown)
- Michael Byrne, LHP, Langley High School (Cornell University)
- Tyler Carroll, INF, Oakton High School (James Madison University)
- JJ Sarty, INF/OF, Woodgrove High Scool (College of William and Mary)
- Mitchell Aker, RHP/INF, Paul VI Catholic (College of William and Mary)
- Nate Favero, INF, Madison High School (BYU)
- Johnny Graham, C , Madison High School (Air Force)
- Andrew White, LHP , West Potomac High School (College of William and Mary)
- David Belt, INF, Flint Hill School (College of William and Mary)
- Michael Matuella, RHP, Georgetown Prep (Duke)
- Bobby San Martin, C/INF, Centreville High School (James Madison University)
- Mitch MacKeith, LHP, Marshall High School (Radford University)
- Matt Moser, INF/RHP, Langley High School (Tufts University)
- Jake Josephs, LHP, South County High School (Old Dominion University)