's softball team went 1-2 in their games this weekend.
On Friday, the Warhawks hosted cross-town rival and walked away with a 15-0 victory.
The faceoff was a shortened five-inning game ended by the 10-run rule.
Tori Lipnicky led the potent Warhawks offense, going 3 for 3 with a walk and two RBIs. Kristyn Buscemi also had a great night at the plate, going 2 for 4 with three RBIs. Brittany Powers went 1 for 1 with a walk and drove in three runs. Kelsey Ross went 2 for 3 with two RBIs, while Kat Olson (1 for 2, 2 BBs), Ally Grasso (1 for 2, BB), and Elizabeth Fallas (1 for 4, RBI) contributed the other Madison hits.
Fallas went four innings earning the win, giving up only three hits, walking one, and striking out three. Ross pitched the final inning, giving up one hit, one walk, and 2 strikeouts.
On Saturday, the Warhawks suffered their first loss in the opening game of Westfield High School's spring tournament, falling to the hosts 4-2.
The Warhawks managed only two hits - one by Ally Grasso and the other by Tori Lipnicky. Grasso and Lipnicky also drove in both runs. Kat Olson and Brittany Powers each walked twice, and Mary Bolinger, Kristyn Buscemi, Lipnicky and Grasso each drew a walk.
Neither pitcher fared well on the mound, as both Westfield and Madison struggled with a wet ball all day. Kelsey Ross suffered her first loss of the year, giving up five hits and issuing four walks while striking out six Bulldog batters.
Later that day, the Warhawks lost another game 4-0 to the McLean Highlanders.
The game didn't count against the Liberty District Standings, however, because it occurred during a tournament.
The Warhawks couldn't manage a hit against McLean, and committed two defensive errors that led to two unearned runs.
Kat Olson reached base in both of her plate appearances, drawing a walk each time.
Elizabeth Fallas pitched five innings, giving up four hits and two earned runs. She also walked six batters and struck out two and suffered her first loss of the season.
The Warhawks next take on the Stone Bridge Bulldogs on Tuesday in a Liberty District matchup.
- Madison Girls Varsity Lacrosse won 16-2 against Upper St. Clair on Saturday
- Marshall Boys Varsity Lacrosse won 8-6 against Mt. Vernon/Lake Braddock on Saturday
- Madison Girls Varsity Soccer tied 1-1 against Herndon High on Friday
- Madison Boys Varsity Soccer tied 2-2 against Herndon High on Friday
- Madison Boys Varsity Baseball won 11-1 against Marshall High on Friday
- Marshall Boys Varsity Lacrosse lost 16-7 against Centreville High School on Friday
- Marshall Boys Varsity Soccer lost 2-0 against Thomas Jefferson High School on Friday
- Marshall Girls Varsity tennis won 7-2 against Madison High on Friday
- Marshall Boys Varsity tennis lost 6-3 against Madison High on Friday
Have a score you want to report? Email erica.hendry at patch.com
Robyn Buscemi contributed reporting to this article