Vienna Presbyterian Church
Vienna Presbyterian Church was first founded in 1871, with just nine members. It built the first building – the chapel which has become the namesake for the town's historic Church Street – three years later, in 1874.
Since then, the church has grown to include more than 2,600 members and close to 5,000 people including those who are not members.
The church as it stands today is a booming four-story structure,still including the original chapel, with space for it's many programs. The VPC Preschool is located in the basement of the building, along with the VPC Underground – the teen and young adult recreation and meeting place. Throughout the rest of the building, there is room for childcare during Sunday services; The Perkins Adult Resource Center; Grapevine Books, a bookstore with Christian music, books and gifts; a sanctuary and chapel, and more.
The church has extensive youth programming; mission trips both in the country and around the world, and a large music ministry that includes groups for both vocalists and instrumentalists.
Members of the public frequently rent space in the church for Boy Scouts, fundraisers and other community activities.
- Hours: Services: Sun, 8am (youth choir), 9:30am, 11am
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1871
- Denomination: Presbyterian
- Congregation size: 2600
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes